Thursday, August 13, 2009

So Glad to Be Back

I am so relieved and happy to be beginning the school year at Tucson High once again, and too busy to say anything eloquent about it.

It was heartening to have so many people greet me with warm smiles and the recognition that I had been through this precarious "summer of the pink slip" only to be called back to the same school where I taught last year.

I feel extremely lucky as well, because others were not so fortunate as me. I was called back over three weeks ago, and I knew exactly where I was going and what I would be teaching. I was able to take advantage of some professional development opportunities and hit the ground running. I will not have my own classroom, but I have the dignity and opportunity to build on and improve upon my work from last year.

Right now, I feel relieved and energized, and I am remembering what it feels like to really be tired at the end of the day.

I am absolutely grateful for my many well-wishers. One positive about an experience like this has been to realize how much support and love I have out there, and I do not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your response: