Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

G. made three turkey projects in kindergarten this week. All three were made of construction paper. On one, he wrote, on each feather of the tail, something for which he was thankful. My heart warmed when I saw that "Mom" made the list. Oh, yeah. I'm right up there with his bike. I was proud of his list; he also included his house, his family and toys. I thought that those five things were headed in the right direction. For that, I am thankful.

When O. gives you a hug, she curls her little fingers around the back of your neck, right at the base of your hairline, and squeezes the side of her face against yours. It is so endearing. Yesterday, when I said good morning to her, she replied, "And good morning to you, too, Mommy!" She has started saying "Goodbye! I lub you!" when I and other family members depart. For all of these displays of affection, I am thankful.

I married someone with ambition, principles, persistence, tolerance, loyalty and a predisposition toward grand romantic gestures. I love all of these qualities in my husband, and the last one comes in especially handy for me, who, like most girls, loves to be on the receiving end of a grand romantic gesture, even though for some reason I still never expect them. I am thankful for my loving and resilient husband.

I am also thankful that all four of us siblings who grew up together will be together today with our families for Thanksgiving (and hopefully get a great photo). I am thankful that, though none of us are perfect, we strive to love and accept one another and not to create hurtful divisions.

I am thankful that my mother will have a beautiful, safe, snug and comfortable place to live (very soon!!)

I am thankful that my sister and sister-in-law and their unborn children are healthy and thriving.

I am thankful that I still have both my parents (and Lita!) to call and to hear from, and all of my siblings, and Grandma. :)

I am thankful for my friends, especially the ones who still think of me from afar.

I am thankful for the prayers of others.

Thanks for my house, my bike and my toys, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your response: