Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Handout Ghetto

I told my writing class that I wanted to write a hip hop song and they laughed at me.  So I wrote one.

My most recent Stories from School post is about an issue that may appear to be petty-- the lack of funds to provide any kind of color in my handouts to kids.

The overall issue of how to make info. available to students and venues for having students interact with content and skills is much larger than colored paper or a color printer, but my main point is that the materials and resources available to most of us have a hard time competing with the media and color kids encounter outside of the classroom.  Which messages will win the war for the minds of humanity?

http://www.storiesfromschoolaz.org/2013/04/can-a-girl-get-some-color.html#comments

Thanks for reading (or rapping).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your response: